Friday, November 25, 2011

How can I stop biting my nails?

I've been biting my nails for as long as I can remember. My hands always look kind of gross and I long to have nice looking hands. I've tried everything I could think of: the nail polish that tastes nasty if you try and bite them, tips, hot sauce...everything. I bite them as low as they can possibly go, or they start bleeding, whcih ever comes first. They hurt sometimes in a few of them, while I've built up a pain tolerance in the others ( that's how bad it is) I really want to stop. HELP!How can I stop biting my nails?
I used to bite my nails all the time! After I had my daughter, I had a little bit of baby blues. MY doctor put me on Zoloft, that cured it right up. Now I take a very low dose of Wellbutrin just to deal with anxiety. If your old enough to meds like that, I would suggest talking to your doctor. Nail bitting is a form of OCD. So good luck!How can I stop biting my nails?
well....It is a nasty habit, and i have/had it too. i stopped for a while, but now when i find myself extremely nervous, then i start biting, my advice to you is, either put nail polish on your nails, or put something that tasted nasty, cuz that is what stopped me. I know we are all different, but hey, im only trying to help!
I think I might be able to help each other could you please drop me an email as im doing a project on stress and nail biting if you are interested to help.
Cut them real, real short. Remove your teeth and put them in their jar.
Deal with what makes you so anxious.
just chew gum all the time, that way you can't bite ur nails at the same time....it totally worked for me
Keep your fingers out of your mouth. Wear surgical gloves.
maybe try hypnosis?
its just coz of nervousness.i can say apply any nail poolish .the colour u like.u admire it rather than .eating it then u'll start growing them %26amp; they'll look pretty good try it.
I used to have the same problem. Try getting a weekly manicure ( I know it may be embarrassing because you don't have much to work with). I found once I spent the money, and my nails and cuticles were smoothed out, I was less tempted to chew on them. If you have any hangnails or rough edges, cut or smooth them out right away so you can't pick. Nail biting is really just a nervous habit, so try to find something else, like chewing gum. If you leave them alone, they'll start to look so much better in a week or 2, and you'll probably get positive comments to keep encouraging you. If nothing else, think of all the germs you'll keep out of your mouth. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment