Friday, November 25, 2011

How can i stop biting my nails?

I have this bad habit of biting my nails. It has been years now and I really need help to stop. Any advice? Please help.How can i stop biting my nails?
chew gum instead. that helped meHow can i stop biting my nails?
Unless you want to go the hypnosis route, which some people swear by, you do have a couple options other than sheer willpower. One is to apply the very disgusting (and therefore, highly successful) nail biting cream like Control It!), which you paint onto your nails. It tastes so bitter you won鈥檛 dare bite them. A new product on the market which doesn't taste any better, but is definitely worth trying is Jessica 'Nibble No More,' a no-nail-biting polish with bitter cactus extract as its secret ingredient ($5 at jessicacosmetics.com).





Another option is to keep your nails painted. My friend Lisa swears a pricey manicure keeps her biting at bay %26amp; she suggests the brighter the color the better.
i'd think that the best advice is to always have a nail trimmer on hand. Also you may want to start chewing gum or sunflower seeds because most people bite their finger nails when they are under stress or have to think, and the best way to stop is have something else to chew on (gum, sunflower seeds, etc.)
When I was a kid I constantly bit my nails. Then my mom sat me down and explained to me what kind of bacteria is under your nails after what you touch all day. It grossed me out so badly that I cant even get my fingernail close to my mouth without gagging. You should see what sort of bacteria gets under there and then travels into your body. Its way more than enuf to kick the bad habit.
You can buy like a nail varnish which tastes absolutely disgusting


It is VIALLLL


If you put that on your nails you will not want to bite them


Used to use it when I was little (well my mum used to put it on my nails)





There are some people who like it


And if you do then WTF
I would just say...stop. I know there's speciality nail polishes you can use to help that have bad tastes in them. If you have a lot of self control, try getting them done at a salon. You won't be as tempted to bite them because you actually paid to make them look nice.
there is a nail varnish thing called stop and grow that is just like clear nail Polish. you put it on and if you bite ur nail it makes them taste disgusting and it makes you stop biting them.


keep it uo foe a while and pretty soon you will break the habit! :)
Put clear nail polish on them, then they are not so soft and easy to bite. They make a polish that tastes really rotten so you can also try that. I paid attention to when I bite my nails and learned that I do it when I am reading. Now I chew gum while I read so that I don't bite them. Good Luck!
My dad use to do that too, and i still do it! But,recentlyy i hate been putting this special cream on it, and it makes the tip of your fingers taste REALLY BAD. So, there for you dont lie bitting your nails, and you'll stop soon enough without the cream.





-P MCM
There is this stuff that is like nail polish, except it is clear, and you put it on your nails. When you go to bite them, it either tastes really bad or it burns! My friends mom used to put it on her nails and she stopped pretty fast!
there is this medicine stuff that you but on your nails that taste discusting and it burns your tongue if you bit your nails. they probably sell them at rite aid,wall greens,cvs or even ask a doctor where to find it.
If you put nail polish on them (yes, I realize you are a guy.. clear nail polish), you'll feel less tempted to chew on your nails with the nauseating smell. Keep a nail filer in case you're desperate to pick at a hangnail.
Ive tried everything too.. The nail polish that tastes foul doesn't work either.. Its called No more nails..crap..!! The only thing that every stopped me from biting for a while was wearing false nails for about two weeks.. But as you a man..? This prob wont look great..





Maybe try hypnosis..
since you're a dude, painting your nails is out of the question. trim them really short so you have nothing to bit off, and keep them clean. Once you see how nice they when they grow in, you won't want to bite them anymore. worked for me.
Transparent nail-polish will work, because I had the same problem, and so everytime u bite, u will realize that the nail polish kinda has poison, and u'll eventually stop =]
if you go to the doctors they will subscribe you with a special nail polish that tastes horrible,so it prevents you from biting your nails.





hope i helped.


beth loove.


xxxx
keep a nailcutter in the bathroom on the toilet, everytime you go take a dump just cut them while your there...it worked for me perfectly. hope it works for you
I stopped by buying a nasty tasting nail polish looking thing from walgreens thats supposed to help kids stop sucking their thumbs.
You can get special dip from the GP that will stop you from doing so. Basically, it tastes so foul you will never want to bite them ever again.
I've heard there's this stuff you can put on your nails that makes them taste really bad.. I don't know what it's called though, but I'm sure you could google it
put clear top coat fingernail polish at the ends of your fingernails
Put nail varnish on you're nails.


Just clear nail varnish so nobody knows you have it on.





I have that problem too. (My bad)


And thats what I do =)
cut your nails off! or dip them into something smelly or just foul so when you bite them it will just smell disgusting or taste
put clear nail polish on your nails so when your finger goes in your mouth and you taste the nail polish, you will stop :]
you can get nail varnish, if ur in the uk 'boots' do some good stuff. altho there is prob some on the internet.
Aloe straight from the plant, because it taste bad. Just rub it under on your finger tips.
Put band-aids,string,yarn on your fingers as a reminder to not bite your nails.
Putting hot sauce on your nails might work.
where mittens !!!!! or any fashionable glove.


Thats how we get to remove the habit from little babies as well
put hotsauce on em so whenever you try to bite...





Or just wear gloves for like a week till you stop
this is a bad habit. Just cut your nails very short and make them look cute. You wont bite them anymore

No comments:

Post a Comment