Saturday, July 31, 2010

Any tips I need to know about laying a rolling roof? Do we need to put nails on the bottom of the shingles?

We have a 45 degree roof. We will be reroofing with new tar paper and rolling roof shingles. We are new homeowners, any info will be helpful.Any tips I need to know about laying a rolling roof? Do we need to put nails on the bottom of the shingles?
you start at the bottom of the roof and work up to the top. this way the water runs down the roof and doesnt enter any of the overlaps. do not nail the botom only the tops and make sure the nails are covered by the next rollAny tips I need to know about laying a rolling roof? Do we need to put nails on the bottom of the shingles?
Start at the top and only use roofing nails on the top of the rolls. Space your nails about 6 inches apart.





Most roofing rolls have lines showing where the nails should be.
I have been in the construction business for over 30 years. I have never heard of a rolling roof!! What I suspect you are talking about is a 3 tab or architectural shingle. in which case only accepts nails at the top of the shingle. The amount of nails depends on the building code. Some areas require more nails than others. never have I ever seen shingles nailed at the bottom when properly done.
  • stop blackheads
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment