Saturday, July 31, 2010

Any tips on how to stop biting your nails please?

I have been doing it for almost 27 years and would love to have nice nails.Any tips on how to stop biting your nails please?
I agree with 90210- a good dollop of poo should do the trick! Mind you sometimes when I am changing alex's dirty nappy I wish I had no nails, there is nothing worse than baby crap under them! xxxxxAny tips on how to stop biting your nails please?
yeah it's simple.....have your mouth amputated lol
Put chili paste on nails.
Take your teeth out.
i don't no sorry
i have been a nail biter for 21 year i have recently got false nails on it sure has stopped me from bitting my nails and they look so nice to.... the nail polish that taste yuck workes for a while but didn't help me in the long term. i would suggest u treat yourself and get false nails you'll love them there will be no going back
i think chessman has given you the right advice.
im a compulsive nail-biter..dnt knw..but tel me wn you find out..chew gum maybe
put hot chili peppers on your fingers so that everytime you bite it it's hot...





or get a new habit... like maybe making you hand sound lika a crack...
Put gloves on
stick em up your bum hole that will put you off biting them !!!
Ok Dona: Several options...





First you need to have the will (where there is a will there is a way) which i am sure you have as you would not ask this question if it were otherwise.





Second:


Deny access to your nails, how?? Cover them, where gloves etc...





Third:


if you can鈥檛 do the second at all times then Use green chilies, or their paste. Rub them on your nail regularly. Especially if you don't like chilies it works great.





Last:


Tell those around you that you are planning to quit and ask for help. As it is mostly unintentional and ppl bite their nails without noticing it, tell them to remind you when ever you are at it again.
there are products out there that make your nails taste really bad...and take vitamins that will help your nails grow, there are some that even specify hair and nail growth
well i would say to find something else to chew on. like gum a straw, something that was hard like your nails.
theres a solution they sell in Boots to stop nail biting, im not sure about the name but apparently it makes your nails taste nasty.
Coat them in something vile - when you go to bite them again, you will get a nasty taste in your mouth.
Get all your teeth taken out....No seriously,I have the same problem,I know I should n't but I can't help it.My wife got me some bitter substance to paint on my nails it worked for a while...then I hid it. Go and ask at the pharmacy...but you will definitely need will-power too.
I bit mine for a while and was determined to stop. I bought this liquid called ';nail the habit';. It is available from Savers and maybe Wilkinsons. (UK) It is a liquid you put on your nails which tastes awful! So everytime you bite your nails, the taste stops you. It even stays on after you've washed your hands a few times. If not, paint your nails nicely and that way you'll know that if you bite them, you'll ruin them, or get a professional french manicure! or just think about all the germs and dirt that are in your nails that are being transferred to your mouth when you bite them! Good luck!
I to bite my nails but I havent bit on them since Christmas. I have been painting them and shaping them. Its hard I also try doing something with my hands. Like the computer or crossword puzzles. Something to keep my hands busy. Good Luck!!
haha talk bout some fuct up answers lol.if you feel the need just start doing something else and keep them cut so they dont feel long then you wont feel like you need to bite em
did u know that there r more germs under your nails than on your toilet seat if that dosnt put u off nothing will
I had the same problem. get some nail polish that promotes growth (Sally Hansen) once I had nice nails I stopped. or put nail polish on them. Gloves is a good idea or when you get the taste in your mouth brush your teeth or eat a carrot or something to get the taste out of your mouth. false ones could be a good way to go as well. Or you could just think about all the germs and bacteria that is under your nails, more than a toilet seat, so think about it...would you lick your toilet seat????
Treat yr self to some false nails, they'll look so good it may just be enough to put u off ruining them.
Nail biting, like other things, is a nervous habit. It's hard to stop a habit of any kind, no matter what it's original cause was. The idea of having some fake nails applied may work. If something is over top of your nails, you won't be able to bite them. You can get them trimmed to ANY length you like and painted or not. You can even apply them yourself. Can buy them almost anywhere, even dollar stores. The glue that holds them is pretty strong so they shouldn't come off too soon. If they do, put them back. You can also use a product on your own nails called Hard As Nails by Sally Hansen. It is kinds like clear nail polish and will deter biting and strengthen them too. They do sell some stuff at the drugstore for parents to put on kids thumbs to discourage thumb sucking. It will work with nail biting too. You need to deter yourself in SOME way till you break the habit. It won't take as long as you think. Once you start to see how nice your own nails an become, this should be a motivating factor to stop too. Keep them polished all the time. There are hundreds of colors and techniques for applying various other things to your nails too that are neat. Air brush a design on them, decals that stick, flowers, etc. Be creative.

No comments:

Post a Comment