Tuesday, August 24, 2010

How can I keep my cat from digging her nails into my couch?

My parents recently bought 2 new leather couches, and I saw my cat put her nails into the couch, and I was wondering if there was something I could do/use to stop her from ruining the couches.How can I keep my cat from digging her nails into my couch?
yeah shut the door to the room with the couches in that way he can't get in there and ruin them... durrrrrrrrrHow can I keep my cat from digging her nails into my couch?
They sell cheap temporary glue-on rubber nubs for the claws.





These covers, a stern word, and a spritzer bottle full of water should train the cat quite quickly (must be done during the behavior.)





Only lazy morons need to de-claw their cats.
well you can try scratching posts, or those corrugated cardboard things you put catnip in(walmart sells them), but a front declaw would prevent any more tears in the couch, but will not stop them from trying to sharpen the nails they no longer have. I like the walmart thingies because the cats will go nuts over the catnip and generally love them. I had one cat that when he was on it you could push him all over the room and he wouldn't get off. even if you pushed him down the little 3 step drop to the next room, I think he thought he was a boarder. and the're inexpensive.
http://www.catscratching.com/





http://cats.consultinghealth.com/article鈥?/a>
Buy her a scratching post and gently roll her paws over it. It will get her used to scratching that





firmly tell her no when she scratches the couch or any other furniture and praise her when she scratches the post





good luck and hope that helps!
just clip the very tips of it's claws with a nail clipper so they're not sharp
Get a scratching post. We took an old ladder and put carpet covered square pieces of wood on 2 of the rungs and on the top. We don't have a problem with them now...they love sitting up on top of the ladder and looking out the window. When our cats were kittens, we used a water filled squirt gun and when they started scratching on something they shouldn't we spray them twice in the butt, NOT THE FACE. The learned from this technique quickly.
Trim her nails regulary, every 2-3 weeks. That will take off the sharp edge.





Get her a scratching post and/or provide her with cardboard or other appropriate areas/objects to scratch. It is important that they be provided an appropriate scratching area. Cat nails grow from the inside out, and so they need to shed the outer lining to make room for new growth. Scratching also sharpens and maintains the claws.





You can always try Soft Paws. They are nail caps that slide over each nail and are applied with glue. They last about 6-8 weeks and will naturally fall off on their own when the nail grows. They come in all sorts of funky colors, too, and you only need them for the front paws. They aren't difficult to put on, or maintain. Google ';soft paws'; for more information.





Some people also have had luck with natural cat deterents, such as orange and other citrus scents. They do not like the smell.





Please do not declaw. It's cruel, terribly painful, and unnecessary.
Get rid of it...cats are digusting creatures anyway.
They sell a product called ';Sticky Paws.'; It's basically double-sided tape that you put on the furniture. When the cats touch it, they freak out because the stickiness bothers their feet. I put a scratching post with catnip in it in the same room as the sofa, and they gave up on the furniture and went to the scratching post all on their own. I tried everything, and that's the only thing that worked for me. You can get it at any pet store. Good luck!
http://www.furlongspetsupply.com/soft_claws.htm
Everyone is giving all the answers


So i'll just say good luck...!!!!
get her declawed

No comments:

Post a Comment