Tuesday, August 24, 2010

What type of doctor would I consult about weak nails?

My nails grow very thin - I've tried changing my diet, painting them, and even using the Sally Hansen's nail strengthener, and they still rip off; I wanted to know what sort of doctor would know about how to help me?What type of doctor would I consult about weak nails?
I have always had the same problem and tried everything. There are only 2 things that work super-well (I've worked at 3 different high-end day spas) There is a polish that you apply daily that will work it is called ';staring over'; and it has a greenish tint. You have to be diligent and apply exactly as it says or it will not help. The other thing is pre-natal vitamins. They make you hair and nails both grow stronger and thicker. I used to constantly break and tear nails, and they never seemed to grow. Now I have to cut them weekly because they are so long (and much stronger) People I work with thought I had artificial nails. I'm telling you those are the 2 BEST!! Hope you try it!!What type of doctor would I consult about weak nails?
A dermatologist is the physician of choice for this condition.





I would definately have it checked as thin / brittle nails could be a symptom of other significant conditions.
Take biotin or ';hair skin and nalis'; availablr at any salon. Maybe its a dermatologist.
Take Biotin, it's a supplement and has made a HUGE difference in my nails. Also drink lots of water.








PS The Doctor wouldn't beable to help you anyway. They don't ';get it'; that you can correct some health problems with nutrition!

No comments:

Post a Comment