Tuesday, August 24, 2010

What do you do if you cut your hamsters nails and you cut them too short and they bleed?

I cut my hamsters nails and I cut them too short and she started bleeding I dunno what to do?What do you do if you cut your hamsters nails and you cut them too short and they bleed?
Use flour to pack in the nail. go now.





Don't trim your hamsters nails and if you do in the future, make sure you have something called quick stop (Can be purchased at most pet stores) on hand to pack into the nail if you cut too deep. Quick stop is better than flour or corn starch in stopping bleeding and help in healing.What do you do if you cut your hamsters nails and you cut them too short and they bleed?
When my vet went over what to do if I cut the nail too short, she said to just apply pressure until it stops like you would if you'd cut yourself.





Mine has different coloured nails, some clear and some black (it's just her colouring) and I've learnt how far back I was able to cut.





Obi (my hamster) is sneaky though; I've never cut her but she dislikes having her nails clipped that she'll cry out as though I have because she knows I'll stop as soon as she cries in case I have.





Anyway, if you're really concerned you should consult your vet just incase, but I'm sure the bleeding will stop
Go and get vaseline or put a tinytiny towel around hin fingers!!!!!
Poor guys! Clean their claws then bandage them until they grow back.





Then don't do it again.
Cornflour, or mix regular flour and water together into a pasty dough and place it on the end. both form clots
just stop the bleeding this stuff happens sometimes
You're not supposed to cut your hamster's nails at all.
youre not supposed to do it yourself


go to a vet it can get infected
it will stop if like rabbits it will be sore but will be ok

No comments:

Post a Comment