Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Is it bad to pick the skin around my nails?

Why is it bad, if it is at all? Will it affect my chanced of getting a job? Will it affect my relationships? And is it true that it can give you bad breath in old age?Is it bad to pick the skin around my nails?
Haha what?!





It is called your cuticle. It is not bad for you but it pay look bad unless you think it looks bad.Is it bad to pick the skin around my nails?
Picking or biting your cuticles is not only unbecoming, but it can be very unhealthful. A friend, who frequently bit her cuticles, contracted a painful staph infection in that area and had to take antibiotics as treatment. Regarding the career area, it might be considered unprofessional (and annoying) to see an employee nervously harming herself. Better to quit than to cause future problems.





If a person practices life-long habits of dental visits, flossing, brushing, etc., it is doubtful that bad breath will occur in old age. Of course, bad breath can happen at any age depending on a person's diet and health.
uumm...I think the job, relationship and bad breath things are all old wives tales. The only way it's bad is if you pick at it too much and cause them to bleed, causing a possible infection. That happened to me once...the side of my finger was sore and red and had a bubble of pus next to the nail....gross!!!
I don't think it's going to mess up your future or anything.


But it doesn't look very attractive, so I'd stop.


(:
I Bite My Nails and All Around Them haha Its Nothing But A Bad Habit.
  • bebo
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment