Tuesday, August 24, 2010

What can I use to calm a very skittish cat so that I can apply Softclaws to nails to save my furniture?

My daughter moved back home and brought with her two cats. We now have three cats in the same family. Since that time several pieces of furniture have been ruined from scratching. I heard of Softclaws but one cat is extremely skittish. I need something to calm him so that he won't hurt us when applying the soft claws. We are supposed to trim the nail first, fill the nail cup 1/3 with adhesive, then apply to cat nail. Help?What can I use to calm a very skittish cat so that I can apply Softclaws to nails to save my furniture?
You can invest in Feliway Diffuser, or you can wrap him up in a towel like a hotdog so he cannot run away and just his front claws show.What can I use to calm a very skittish cat so that I can apply Softclaws to nails to save my furniture?
It might be worth having a word with your vet and seeing if they can apply them for you.





bigdeal, what a moron!! I'm glad this lady has the sense to try soft claws and isn't about to mutilate her cat. How would you like it if someone chopped off your fingers? Declawing is barbaric and is illegal both here in the UK and most states, people who declaw are not fit to be in the same room as an animal, never mind own one.
Acepromozene is a prescription and should not be dispensed without a vet visit (unlike the guy above states) so your best bet is giving your cat benedryl. An average cat can have about a tsp of childrens benedryl. You can get a syringe and take the needle off of it to dispense. Good luck!
there is a medication that you can get from your vet called acepromazone. it wil make your cat seem drunk and more controlable. at the office where i work, you don't even have to bring your cat in for this. be careful putting on the soft claws and if you can't do it, your vet office will probably do it. good luck. hope this helps
pheromone dispenser.


i'm not sure what she uses, but my aunt has something that looks like a ';glade plug-in'; that keeps her cat super calm around her boyfriend's cat. i think you can get it at petsmart or petco.





and thank you for not considering de-clawing. it's super inhumane.
Try automotive antifreeze. Cats are VERY calm afterwards.





But, seriously, how about you just get them de-clawed? Otherwise, have your daughter handle it. And replace your furniture while she's at it!
The only thing I can of and it really does depend on age of cat...Is Cat-nip....place nip in a box or drawer....boy they have fun and mellow out .......turning into pussycats...good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment