Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Why are my nails suddenly breaking, what can I do to make them stronger?

I just got home from a trip to Oregon (I live in California). All my finger nails are chipped and peeling and I am not sure why. I kept them painted and moisturized but it does not seem to work. I always pride myself in my strong natural nails and take good care of them. Is there something I can take to get them stronger and to grow back faster in the winter? Any products or supplements you use that work really well?Why are my nails suddenly breaking, what can I do to make them stronger?
The air in Oregon is probably much more dry than in California which is why your nails would break now. I agree that nail tek works well..try getting a pair of cotton gloves and wearing a thick lotion to bed..with special attention to your nails..before you put lotion on, put some warm olive oil on your nails and cuticles..then the lotion, then the gloves and go to bed!





also..dont file your nails too often..if you keep your nails painted, i suggest using nail tek or OPI natural nail strengthener, its a pinkish clear top coat and it works great!





good luckWhy are my nails suddenly breaking, what can I do to make them stronger?
At nail places they sell this great clear nail polish called nail Teck. nail teck helps your nail become supper strong and if you have short nails nail teck can also help them grow faster and stronger.
there is this nail polish type stuff you pain on your nails and it makes them stronger.
i had the same problem until i put sliced garlic in my strengthener. They smell funny for a bit but it works. My nail looks amazing now.
you can get nail varnish which streghtens your nails
Sometimes if you have nail polish on the nail, it prevents moisture from penetrating the nail, so they get drier under the nail polish and you don't notice. Make sure when you apply lotion you also get some under the tip of the nail. I prefer using a moisturizing cuticle oil when I have nail polish on, even under the nail tip, as your cuticle even extends under the tip. I swear by a product called TIPS, available at askcosmetics.com or on various shopping channels - check out their website for great information.

No comments:

Post a Comment